Monday, June 21, 2010

The Love of Our Art


This past weekend is a blur. I can't believe it came and went so quickly! More amazing is that I survived and also made three new friends (amigas). Welcome Ana, Irma y Paula!

I had no idea when my little sister gave my a tiny little chipboard scrapbook that I'd end up having so many girl friends with a like hobby. OK, so some of you are more than hobbyists, but we'll let that be our secret Vicky! Oops, did I really type that Melinda? Yes Ammie I did. OK, so now three women are staring at me with their hands on their hips.

Every time we get together I learn more about the gals. Our instructor at the CROP, Annette, started a game where we recall funny stories. It was there I learned more about the girls who attended this CROP. It's funny, though we had a full house I miss several of the gals I met at Viv's store in Odessa. I miss Lisa and Tina and Cindy. I pray for them cause I don't see them much. I really pray for Viv and Cindy as they have had some real physical issues in the past year.

The world is a funny place and scrapbooking is a vent for some of us. It is also a place to reflect, to remark, to recall, to illustrate and to create. Hopefully no one will write some stupid "rule book" about scrapbooking. I can promise you I'll break every rule they make. Who says you have to have photos in a scrapbook? Who says you have to use little black photo corners? Who says you can't use a computer? It doesn't matter to the gals I play with, we do things our own way. We do love to share the arts we use in our chosen hobby. I refuse to call it passion, I reserve that for the Lord and Him alone.

I'm so in love with what I do that I do it for money! That is very unusual for me. I'm headed to my office in our other house to work on my passion. I don't just do scrapbooking, I also do paper crafting. I don't know why I love working with paper. It's such a fragile art and so susceptible to decay. I just love finding new paper. My friend Vicky is really good at finding paper. I love her style of art. I would love to just sit and watch her work. I haven't had time to do that yet, but maybe we will find time to share just how she gets the results she works for!

I'm learning the lingo of the scrapbooker. I know a few names now and can even "name drop" them with the more experienced artists. Tim Holtz is into altered art and I relish his finished products. K & Company feeds my artsy fartsy side. Bo Bunny has some awesome paper and cardstock goodies. Cricut is always innovating with electronic die cutting technology. Everyone should own a "Big Shot" or at the very minimum a "Cuttlebug". What would life in the handmade card making industry be without the Martha Stewart Scoring Board (Which can be had for $10 with a 50% off coupon at Michael's). Of course I'm a rep with Stampin' Up! and I love their stamps, inks and papers. I'm presently looking for "grungeboard" so I too can join the ranks of the industrial chic!

I hope you will post a comment and also tell others to follow this blog. I crave input and want to meet all the scrapbook artists, card making gurus, and you closet altered artists come share your gifts. If you'll link to me, I'll link to you! Follow me and I'll follow you on FB and Twitter!

May the force of scrapbooking be with you!

Cerise Welter
PB & J Paper Crafters
Ambassador and Evangelist Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment