Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Scrapbooking Group

I am posting this on three blogs at one time, ain't tecnology grand?





Once a month I put together a paper crafting meeting at our local Barnes & Noble store. I come up with guest speakers and demonstrators and we have a great time.






This month "jewel" Vicky Mumme was our presenter/demonstrator. She put together a very informative and interesting presentation. She had just returned from a convention in Dallas where she had seen Tim Holtz share his new products and skills in a workshop format.

For those of you who have not yet heard of Tim Holtz I challenge you to do a Google search of Tim and watch a few videos of his style.




We saw first hand some "altered art" Vicky has been working on, and even made lovely paper roses with simple five petal flower die cuts.

Our group continues to grow and this meeting was standing room only! If you are in the Permian Basin of west Texas, come to Barnes and Noble on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm and join us! The meetings are open to the public and free of charge!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment