Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Party's Over

Gals,

It's official, we had a blast and my feet can testify to the fact that we "CROPped until we dropped". I took about three hours today and cleaned up the mess I made with all my supplies. I took the time to sort all my scrapbook paper and cardstock! My scrap office/workspace is beautiful and gets closer to a dream room every day!

Annette Martin was a delightful instructor and house guest. She and her mom spent the night in the "littlest CROP house in Texas" and the A/C decided to freeze up. Not fun, but they surely didn't complain. Annette even opened the cabinet to allow the A/C to thaw.

We had a total of 14 gals and 1 guy at the BBQ/CROP/Workshop. Chef Jeff was there to cook for us. The gals raved about the burgers and we had so much food I was able to bless a single mom with a lot of the leftovers.

Melinda Brady won the big prize Friday evening and Ann Carrillo won the big prize Saturday. We all had so much fun with all the games that Annette came up with. I'd love it for all the gals to send me totals of how many pages they actually finished (including those we did at the workshops).

Annette brought a small portion of her supplies from her store and we enjoyed filling our "cardstock" supplies. She brought a boat load of cardstock and we got one tremendous deal because of it!

It was a great time and I'm already considering when to have another. I think the food was great, but I'd love to keep things a little more simple next time. What do you gals think about having sandwiches and chips instead? Do post here and let me know when you'd like to do another CROP and what you'd be ok with as far as food goes.

Feedback from those of you who attended would be maaavelous!

We CROPped all evening Friday until almost 1:00AM and then turned around Saturday and did four layouts, two summer and two Fourth of July or patriotic layouts! They came out great and everyone personalized their pages. After we had our yummy gourmet burgers (cooked by Chef Jeff) we continued on our fun with several Big Shot demos and then we made a western themed card and a Luau themed card. I had fun demonstrating them and the gals had fun using the Big Shot to cut out some cute card stock die cuts for future use.

All I can say is "You shoulda been there!" Maybe next time? If you're interested in CROPs and workshops please text me either on Facebook, Twitter or comment here!

Until next time.

Cerise




1 comment:

  1. Love it! Wish I'd been there. Looks like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete