Saturday, July 3, 2010

Knock, Knock


I was at our ministry house today and planned to be all creative and get loads done. Instead I made one thing and then cleaned and reorganized my space. I needed inspiration. Here is all I made. It consists of a tablet back, some grunge board elements from Tim Holtz, brads with alphabets, and ink. I first split the tablet back into two pieces. I then inked it with Stampin Up inks. I used three colors of ink. Then I ruled the "doors" every half inch and drew lines. I then proceeded to make faux knots. After using my Crop-a-dile and Big Bite to make holes for my brads.

I had never worked with grunge board before. It is very flexible, but takes inking very well. I used "Early Espresso" from Stampin Up and then some gold ink from another company. (Sorry I can't remember who.) After they dried I applied some adhesive to the back of the hinges and door lock and applied them to the "door". Once I put the brads in place I added binder rings and voila, they were too small. I found one size larger binder rings and used them. Voila again. (I think I need one sized larger!)

I plan to make pages to go inside my door book. I love the look and plan to add more elements such as keys and perhaps a door sign. It was so much fun and I like the look I achieved. What do you think?

So fun.

Cerise

No comments:

Post a Comment