Friday, September 23, 2011

Better Than Modge Podge




It's that time again; My new favorite product. For years (and I do mean years) I've used Modge Podge for all my collage and decopage projects, but I've found something I like so much better. It's "Glue n Seal" by Ranger. This is another product Tim Holtz introduced me to. We used it to adhere heavy scrapbook paper to canvases. We applied a medium coat to all the exposed surfaces; front and sides, and we got a superb result. Tim even showed us how to deal with those annoying corners you would normally have to try and do "hospital" folds on, but that's for another day's blog.

What's the difference between GnS and MP? MP never really seems to dry. I did some decopage (using MP) on an old valise two years ago and it still feels tacky and sticks to other smooth surfaced objects. GnS dries completely. It comes in two styles: matte and gloss. It also comes on 4 ounce and 1 ounce sizes.

The one ounce size retails for around $3.50 but I've seen it as cheap as $2.49 online. Haven't seen the bigger sized bottle online yet, but as good as this product it I want the larger pot. It also has a built in brush so you don't have messy cleanups or wasted product. Just use it and put the lid back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment