Saturday, February 13, 2010

So Far This Month

Hubby is away until tomorrow, I'm sleepy, but it's way too early to go to bed. I've got a mess in the kitchen and only two of my bagged Stampin' Up! orders left to deliver. I've had two workshops already this month and have three left. Whew! Can we all say, "Way too many irons in her fire?"

We had our PB & J Paper Crafters meeting last Tuesday and had a really great time. We shared the Valentine's the gals made and Ammie won the contest. We had two new gals come and we discussed how we express love in a multitude of ways. We had so many door prizes that we drew names twice! Stephanie brought yummy cookie bars and popcorn. It was a great deal of fun.

I stupidly didn't call the nursing home BEFORE I committed to make Valentines for the residents. After our meeting Tuesday I called and was informed they had 92 residents. I counted all the Valentine's we had made and they totaled 26. Even a rocket scientist knows that 26 isn't 92! So I got my rear in gear and mass produced Valentines all Wednesday and then signed each and every one Thursday. Hubby drove me to the nursing home and I hand delivered them to the activities director. I only saw one or two residents while there, but I can imagine that they would be surprised by the little cards we made. I kept out two of the Valentines for folks I personally know are "shut-ins" and hand delivered one of them. I will hand deliver the second tomorrow! I am blessed that the gals made so many cards as I would have had to work even harder without their beautiful cards.

While deciding what our March meeting topic might be I came up with the idea of using a stand alone photo printer. I own a Canon Selphy as well as a HP printer. I think I'll bring the Selphy and print off some of the club pictures for the gals. These stand alone printers are really quite fun. I may contact one of the computer stores in town and ask them to lend us a couple printers for the March meeting. We shall see if they remember me from my computer geek days!

It's almost half way through February and it's been a very busy month. I may take a couple naps in March! I'm thankful for a patient husband, great gals at PB & J, my fun business and my great daughter, son-in-law and precious grandkids. Oh yeah. I really enjoy Facebook too.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: PB & J V-Day 2010Create your own slideshow - Powered by SmileboxMake a Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment