Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Inkblots

There are so many techniques one can employ when scrapping or paper crafting, but one of my favorites is as easy as putting on makeup with a sponge. In fact I use makeup sponges to do this technique.

Supplies:

  • makeup sponge wedge
  • ink pad
  • card stock or other paper
  • hands
Take your makeup sponge and blot it on your ink pad. Don't get carried away, you are just putting a little ink on the edge of your paper. Now take your punched item or piece of card stock and just brush the edge of the paper with ink. Voila! That's all it takes. I love to make a piece of cardstock look like leather. I use Soft Suede ink from Stampin' UP as it is the perfect color. I then use Kraft colored cardstock from SU as well. I not only edge the cardstock, but blot the entire piece. I don't worry if I get every square centimeter as I want a varied look to my blotting.

I have a Bigz die called "Top Notes" from Stampin' Up. The shape reminds me of a saddle. I use it for loads of things as it's such a classic shape. Blotted it looks so beautiful that I love to experiment with different colors of cardstock and ink.

I will add a picture this afternoon to this post. Gotta run for now.

Cerise

No comments:

Post a Comment