Thursday, July 7, 2011

Upcoming Events

It's summer and I'm sitting in the cool of my kitchen at my laptop arranging the next few days in my mind. I have more to do than I'd like so I'm centering myself and prioritizing. I'm learning that if I pick off the MOST important things and do them first, schedule the next most important things for tomorrow and the "it can wait" things for whenever I get to them I'm much happier.



We have some fun events coming up in the next two months. Our next PB & J meeting will be at my other house here in Gardendale. Vicky Mumme will be demonstrating and helping us make 2 two page layouts that are so lovely. (see illustrations) This special meeting will be Saturday July 16th from 10:00AM to 2:00PM. At last count there was one seat open. There is a cost as Vicky purchased the kits out of her own pocket. For $12.00 you receive supplies to make the 2 two page layouts and enough leftovers for 2 more pages. Please bring rhinestones or similar embellishments as Vicky is NOT providing those. Please email Vicky at vicky@grandecom.net to see if that one spot is taken.

Our next regular meeting will be August 9th at Barnes & Noble in Midland, TX. We will be discussing the upcoming Permian Basin Fair and our booth. I will also be taking submissions from all the girls that attend PB & J meetings. The theme for the fair this year is "Deep in the Heart of Texas". If you you would like to submit something (paper craft, greeting cards, scrapbook pages, scrapbooks etc. ) please bring them to this meeting. You can also do theme specific items for special ribbons and trophies. I will help you prepare for the fair so your submission will go smoothly. I'd like for the group to have some submissions and have in fact "borrowed" leftover cards from our Valentine's day project. We only needed 127 of the 146 Valentine's Day cards we made for the nursing home, so I kept the leftovers to submit to the fair under the PB & J heading. If a card wins, we will share the ribbons at the October meeting! You may win without even trying.

Please look through your finished scrapbooks, cards and other paper crafts (must be made in in the time period between September 2010 and August 2011).  If you find something you're particularly happy or proud of PLEASE bring it to the meeting at Barnes & Noble. If you want to submit and can't make the meeting, please email me at cerwelt@gmail.com and I'll pick it up or meet you somewhere and get your personal info for the fair people.

I also need volunteers to take one hour during the fair (normally on a Saturday or Sunday) so I can eat and go to the restroom. If you'd be willing to sit at our booth and share a little about what we do, please volunteer. It's not hard and you can even play with the craft supplies I bring. I made cards with kiddos last year and it was so fun. It draws in new members and makes the time go by quickly. The folks that volunteer at the fair are great people and you will not regret helping me! If you are willing to volunteer for an hour, please email me at cerwelt@gmail.com. We won't know the timing for a while, but I'll have a list to pull from when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment