Sunday, December 27, 2009

Free Printable Calendars and ABCs


Hey Gals,

If you're like me you're pretty much always looking for things you can incorporate into your scrapbooking and paper crafting. I took a little time this morning to post a couple sites with free calendars and alphabets you can print and cut out to use in your paper crafts.

Enjoy:

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/alphabets.htm Free printable alphabets

http://www.craftjr.com/printable-bubble-letters/ More letters

http://www.vertex42.com/calendars/printable-calendars.html Free printable calendars (2009+)

Using calendars (both new and used) in scrapbooking can be great fun. Your old marked up calendar reminds you of the things you did on a daily basis. If you journal just after the month is up you can reminisce about the little details that made that month wild or very special. For instance, my sister flew in for my birthday last month (Nov. 2009) and completely floored me. I really don't even remember the day she arrived as I was in such shock she had come from so far just to be with me. She spent a week and we had a great time shopping and sharing our love of scrapbooking. We also shared the care of my farm animals and quiet time. I have an old calendar with all the appointments marked on it, it's a good idea for me to take some quiet time to journal now while the memories are fresher. If I wait too long I will lose the details.

If you take a blank calendar (even of a past year) and journal in the blank spaces what made that day special you can add this to your scrapbook. How about just printing a blank calendar and journaling in it each day of the month WHILE you're living out that month. What a neat way to look at a month in your life. How special will that calendar be for your grandchildren to read? Do this from time to time to leave a blueprint of your life for your posterity.

I love alphabets. I used to just think the alphabet should be in Times New Roman, but I joined a scrapbook/memory club through the mail and each month get a stack of scrapbooking ideas. One of the chapters in the binder I'm collecting is entitled, "The Write Stuff" and has included a couple really cute alphabets. One is pumpkins and another favorite is logs. They make the cutest borders, banners, headlines and titles for scrapbook pages. If you follow the instructions you can freehand some really cute letters! So I went looking for like alphabets online. Let's see what we can do with these ideas!

Cerise


No comments:

Post a Comment