Monday, March 3, 2014

Art and Healing

It has been such a long time since I've posted here, but I'm almost "normal" so I thought I'd sit down and write. I love art, I love crafting and the expression of my creativity has always been an extension of my personality and my feelings. After the loss of my husband of 34 years I thought I'd never "feel" creative again. I also thought I'd never feel "normal" again. Of course in my way of thinking my "normal" has never been anyone else's normal so it wasn't a big deal. At least not until I found my new love and I had my hope restored. 

I honestly believe that everything you experience CAN be expressed in art. Perhaps art even helps you get through the hard times. Musicians experiencing down times used those "blue" experiences to create music that expressed those blue feelings. Humanity if full of ups and downs so many of us can relate to that sort of music. The truly fearful seem terrified of sad times, or hard times and therefore resist anything that smacks of less than HAPPY.

At any rate, I hope to come post here from time to time and revive my connection with those of you who have joined me here. We are still crafters in the Permian Basin and I hope to reconnect with all of you once my new home is finished. We simply must get together and be artsy together. With some scones, coffee and tea we can make it a real event and share what we've been doing over the past 27 months I've been healing. I hope you'll connect with me now so that when my art space is done we can easily transition into fun times there!

Until then!

Cerise

No comments:

Post a Comment