Friday, March 11, 2011

March PBJ Meeting


For all of you who missed our March meeting I am posting this blog. We had such a good time and I was so tickled to have Vicky Mumme take over teaching. She demonstrated how to make money and gift cards birthday cards using premade greeting cards from the hobby store. We each made two cards and decorated them.

We had a really lovely raffle item; a scrapbook trolley and craft bag in hot pink and floral fabric. I'm thrilled to tell you all that I actually won them. I know some girls who were a little green, but they soon got over it and congratulated me. My $5.00 purchase of tickets yielded a win which was drawn by the head of the Christian Bikers that meet next to us at Barnes & Noble. I should have asked his name. We know each other by sight, but neither of us knows the other person's name.

We also had six door prizes and six of the nine gals in attendance took something fun home. All of the gals brought items for our door prize kitty. It should be a whole lot more fun to draw from the goodie bag with all those wonderful items to chose from.

I shared how to use a single slot punch (shaped like a regular hole punch, but with a single vertical slot) and a tag punch of any sort together to make ribbon tags. I also shared that I found scrapbook how to books at Dollar Tree in Midland.

Here is a list of places you really must hunt for scrapbook supplies.
  • Tuesday Morning
  • Big Lots
  • Michael's
  • Hobby Lobby
  • Office Depot
  • Staples
  • Dollar Tree
  • Dollar General
We had a great time and look forward to April's meeting. Donna Stanco will be demonstrating the Cricut Imagine for a second time. You do NOT want to miss this. Our raffle will be a bag of adhesives and some specialty scissors. Tickets will be 50 cents. If you come and didn't bring $2.00 worth of scrapbook supplies for our door prize kitty do so at the April meeting. It makes it fair for all and keeps costs down as well.

We also discussed the "Great American Scrapbook Convention" in June (2-4th) at the Arlington Convention Center. I emailed Tim Holtz and asked him if he'd be at the convention. He said, "Nay" and I said "boo whoo". You will want to Google the GASC and learn the details.

Remember our meetings are always the second Tuesday of the month, 7:00PM at Barnes & Noble in Midland, TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment