Sunday, May 2, 2010

Scrap Til You're Happy

May has been dubbed, "National Scrapbook Month" and with it comes the urge to scrap. Yesterday I had intended to rest all day, but instead I went to my office and worked on cards. I knew I didn't want to get in the middle of a huge project and then have a mess to clean up. I had originally went over to get my phone charger which was plugged into the surge protector next to one of my storage cabinets. I just couldn't resist all those lovely supplies so neatly organized.

Early yesterday I had purchased the April "Complete Cardmaking" (a magazine from the UK). It came with some cute card papers and "decoupages". I had seen that term used before in connection with scrapbooking and card making, but had no idea what it meant. My idea of decoupage is to glue a picture onto wood and then to cover it with some sort of protective medium. As I looked at the freebies that came with the magazine I could quickly see that it meant a picture duplicated several times and then cut out. One then layers pieces of the picture to make it look dimensional. I had fun making four cards and then I decided to use some of the brand new Stampin' UP Specialty papers I just bought in preparation for an upcoming workshop.

I inked the papers and the embossing that comes already put on the paper causes a resist look. I inked with some Rich Razzleberry, Pink Passion and Melon Mambo. These are some of my favorite colors. The hidden pattern on the paper is a lattice background. Once I inked the paper with the three colors it became a neat background for some felt flowers and some glittered leaves. Loverly. I added some buttons, a border with 1/8" ribbon woven through tiny holes that came punched in them. It was a great afternoon. Just a couple hours and my creative juices were filled to the brim. So much fun.

Today I have a workshop. We're making Father's Day cards, Cinco de Mayo cards and then playing with the new specialty papers. I know it will be "muy divertido" (very fun).

I look forward to scrapping all through this month. I have a brand new 6 x 6 Stampin Up album and a new Bigz flower die I love using. I can hardly wait to play.

What are you doing during this month to celebrate "Natl Scrapbooking Month"?

No comments:

Post a Comment